A huge fire that broke out in Asian workers’ residence in Malikya village was controlled, the Ministry of Interior today announced on its official social accounts. Preliminary information indicates that there were no injuries recorded and the building was totally evacuated. The General Directorate of Civil Defense did not reveal much of information officially, but it stated that the house is located on a farm and resided by Asian workers’. They added that all Asians escaped the incident with zero injuries. The directorate added that civil defense rescue team evacuated residents as a precautionary procedure.
As for the cause of the fire, that took hours, 7 fire fighting vehicles and 17 firemen and officers to be controlled, there were no official confirmations. The cause is thought to be due to a short circuit or negligence. The Ministry of the Interior assured that everything was under control and the necessary official procedures were taken by concerned authorities. The ministry urged all residents to take maximum precautions in general and those regarding electricity connections in particular, to avoid dangerous incidents that might put souls in danger.