Information and eGovernment Authority issued its preliminary report on foreign trade statistics for August 2019, which includes data on imports, exports (National origin) and re-exports, in addition to the trade balance.

The report stated that during August, the value of total imports amounted to about 391 million dinars compared to 404 million dinars in the same month of the previous year 2018, a decrease of 3%, and the total imports of the top ten countries accounted to 63% of the total volume of imports while other countries represented 37%.

According to the report, China came on top imports with 45 million dinars, followed by the United Kingdom with a value of 29 million dinars, while Saudi Arabia ranked third in terms of imports with 28 million dinars.

Iron ores were the most imported goods with (38 million dinars) followed by turbine engines second (29 million dinars), followed by aluminum oxide (20 million dinars).

On the other hand, the value of exports of national origin increased by 2% to reach 187 million dinars compared to 184 million dinars in the same month of the previous year, the total exports of the top ten countries accounted for 78% of the total volume of exports, while the rest of the other countries does not exceed 22% %.

The trade balance, which represents the difference between exports and imports, amounted to BD 149 million, a decrease in the value of the deficit in August 2019 compared to the same month of the previous year (BD 187 million) by 20%.

For more details, please visit the Foreign Trade Portal on the Bahrain Open Data Portal:

 http://www.data.gov.bh/en/ResourceCenter