The Information and eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of November 2019, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.

The value of imports decreased by 17%, reaching BD379 million during November 2019 compared to BD455 million for the same month the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 70% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 30%.

China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD55 million; Saudi Arabia was second with BD34 million; and the United States of America was third with BD33 million.

Aluminum oxide emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD21 million, while parts for aircraft engines was second with BD17 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD16 million.
The value of exports of national origin decreased by 9% to BD177 million during November 2019, compared to BD195 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 81% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 19%.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD51 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the US was second with BD22 million and United Arab Emirates third with BD12 million.

Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top products exported during November with BD34 million; unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) was second with a value of BD20 million; and Aluminum wire  third with BD14 million.

The total value of re-exports increased by 30% to reach BD69 million during November 2019, compared to BD53 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 93% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 7%.  The United Arab Emirates ranked first with BD32 million, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia second with BD20 million, and Kuwait third with BD2 million.

Gold ingots emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD13 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates came in second place with BD9 million, and four-wheel drive cars came third with BD9 million.

The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totaling BD134 million during November 2019 compared to BD206 million for the same month the previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 35%.